Saturday, February 7, 2015

Andy Warhol to De Kooning; The Art Gods Are Calling

Hello Weekenders!

I have been craving some museum time as of late; the art gods are calling. In San Diego we have had a small collection of paintings from a wide range of artists showing at the San Diego Museum. One of my favorite artists is Willem de Kooning and wow the painting on show did not disappoint, I stood for a good 20min just studying every layer, brushstroke and color. I would have taken photos, but it was a no camera zone (I did manage a sneaky pic of the Andy Warhol Soup Cans).
Blonde hair Vintage styling beauty by sw blog


 A good friend of mine gave our family some passes, but honestly it was super cheep to get in so we've decided to make the art pilgrimage once a month as a family. Balboa Park is having its 100th Anniversary so the place is booming with activities for all.


shaun wolchinsky nikon camera

beauty by sw beauty blogger san diego


San Diego Lifestyle blogger Beauty by SW shaun wolchinsky

 I decided to get a little dressed up thanks again to the February style challenge presented by Hillary Rushford of Dean Street Society. Today’s theme Gorgeous in Green! Now I have had this dress sitting in my closet for over a year, tags still on. My hesitation to wear this dress was I have gained weight and it’s a body con dress as you see. I just said “what the hell Let’s Do This”  If Jane Mansfield, Marilyn, and Kim Kardashian can rock the curves, than so can I.
Beauty by SW beauty blogger
Green body con dress ASOS online shopping

 My necklace is a special piece as my husband gave it to me for the Holidays and I’ve not had a chance to wear it. It looks like a J Crew statement necklace but it’s actually from Château Bel Age in San Diego, needless to say he’s thrilled to see it on. My grey patent leather purse is Vintage circa 1950’s and the shoes are a new favorite via Target during the holiday sales. I feel sure these will get tons of uses this spring/summer 2015 fashion season.


Target style beauty by sw fashion blogger californiaJewel Tone statement necklaces spring summer trends 2015



Beauty by sw Blog san diego california



What are some of your favorite family activates around your city? If you have a post you’d like to share I would be thrilled to read it, be sure to comment and link below your favorites.

Enjoy your weekend my friends
SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to read all comments and love to hear from your stories- so be sure to link and share.

XOXO
SW
If you have a more pressing question please contact me via Twitter @beautybysw or swkpanachebeauty@gmail.com